Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love you, tomorrow!!

This is a photo from 15 years ago, taken the last time I was about to leave Singapore. Nowadays, I don't know if I'm quite up to dancing my way through the airport, but I assure you, I'm mentally doing the same thing! (Photo: circa 2002, when members of Bel Canto (award-winning senior girls' choir at Burnside High School) were on their way back from a festival in Vienna (look at those shoes Pens! Do you remember?? Converse for life!).)

Blood results from Monday:
White blood cell: 4.59 (normal now)
Platelets: 198 (were normal last week; normal still)
CMV: still negative (long may that last!)

Blood results are pretty boring now; there are some results that are not normal, of course - polymorphs, monocytes, red blood cell (only just, give me a break! 3.6, when 3.9 is normal), haemoglobin (also only just, 11.0, 11.5 considered normal), haematocrit (PCV) (what?), RDW (red cell distribution width, oh of course!), and the presence of atypical mononuclear cells (which apparently, 'the presence [of which] may relate to viral infection, drug reaction, autoimmune diseases, haematological malignancies or other causes.') Basically, though, if a haematologist tells me all's fine, I'm not really bothered about things in my blood that I don't understand!

Physio is trucking along well (things are getting better even: I can now lift my legs up in that exercise I was talking about the other week! I don't know if it's just muscle memory or whatever, but I can do something that was a lot harder two weeks ago, so that's very much a 'win' in my book 🙂). I will 100% continue with regular weekly physiotherapy appointments when I get home. There's a lot of work to do.

And, Mum and I are leaving Singapore tomorrow! I am so so so pleased to be going home earlier; recently I've been wondering how I could handle another three weeks here (the original arrangement). I'm sure that if that had continued to be the plan, and I never had the prospect of an earlier departure dangled in front of me, I would've just dealt with it. It's all about perception. As it is, the last few days have been kind of unbearable - the apartment seems smaller, slightly depressing, and our wee house at the end of the cul de sac seems like bliss!

Singapore, and Raffles Hospital has given me kind of a get out of jail free card with this treatment. I will always be thankful for that, and am looking forward to a trip back in a year or two with Peter, to do all the things we couldn't do this time - actually see Singapore! But for now, it's time to go home.

To this animal:

I'll let you know when I'm back 💛

Rach xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Odyssey Begins...

Told you I wasn't a blogger...

Making plans...