Day +14 hospital checkup: Thrice good news!


Hi Team! Great news from the hospital visit, here are today's blood results (the ones I understand / find relevant at least):
White blood cell: 10.00 (Whaaaaat!! 😃😃😃)
Platelets: 102 (much improved from 22, which is what they were on Thursday)
CMV (a virus that 85% of people carry (including me), and can cause some pretty nasty complications if it gets its knickers in a twist): zero (no activity present)

This blood test good news spawned additional excellent news:

I got my central line out (it was in my chest, just below my collarbone):

And I will be allowed to come home HEAPS earlier than planned, we're going to look at changing flights to very early September! I'll actually be able to see my husband on our anniversary, and get in an early special vote for the election (so I don't have to join the hordes on 23 September) (those two September highlights are listed in order of precedence).

And I'm feeling good, kind of normal really! A little tired, and trying to take things slowly (especially given that I was basically prone in bed for two weeks in hospital). Just starting the rebuilding (regeneration!). I've got a physiotherapy appointment tomorrow, to aim to get my walking back on track.

Little post, happy news 💜💛

Apparently Zeej is happy for me too (I think he's mainly really happy having his cat-dad back; Peter left Singapore on Friday, so it's just Mum and me here now):
 

Rach xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Odyssey Begins...

Told you I wasn't a blogger...

Making plans...